-   -   Encryption type settings. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211429-encryption-type-settings.html)

schumacher

Encryption type settings.

I've been told by My infosec to go to Options/security and select encryption
type Microsoft enhanced RSA and AES cyptographic provider....They sent screen
shots of 2003....Where do I find in 2007?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Encryption type settings.

Hi,

Try Office Button, Prepare, Encrypt Document

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"schumacher" wrote:

I've been told by My infosec to go to Options/security and select encryption
type Microsoft enhanced RSA and AES cyptographic provider....They sent screen
shots of 2003....Where do I find in 2007?

Jim Rech

Encryption type settings.

I believe changing the cryptographic provider has been removed from the
Office 2007 UI. It appears you have to use the Office Customization tool or
group policy editor:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc179080.aspx

--
Jim