-   -   Bar and Line graph combi? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211402-bar-line-graph-combi.html)

GD

Bar and Line graph combi?

Hi, i'm being asked to present some 5 year forecast data, which historically
has been broken down into monthly results represented on a bar chart. However
the request has come in that they would like me to add a line representing a
previous forecast, to compare accuracy - i'm struggling to incorperate a line
to my bar-chart that has fixed value points and represents another series of
data?

Andy Pope

Bar and Line graph combi?

Hi,

When trying to combine Bar and Line you need to use the XY-scatter rather
than the Line chart type.
This will allow you to specify both the X, value, position and more
importantly the Y, bar alignment, position.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel