-   -   Subtotals and copy and Paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211400-subtotals-copy-paste.html)

rexmann

Subtotals and copy and Paste

Hi

If you use the subtotal (in the data menu bar - not the function), is it
possible to copy and paste just the details that are displayed (if you have
used the group and outline to hide/collaspe the results?). When I do copy and
paste the results into another sheet the hidden results appear (unlike a
filter).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated (even if the answer is No!)

Kind regards

Rexmann

Dave Peterson

Subtotals and copy and Paste

Hide the details.
Select your range to copy.
F5 (or ctrl-g)|Special|Visible cells only

Then do the copy|paste

--

Dave Peterson

rexmann