-   -   If excel sheet protected, combo boxes won't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211163-if-excel-sheet-protected-combo-boxes-wont-work.html)

kiwimark

If excel sheet protected, combo boxes won't work

Can anyone help. I have an excel sheet with protection turned on, when I do
that I can't select data in my combo box drop downs.

Dave Peterson

If excel sheet protected, combo boxes won't work

If you have a linkedcell to that combobox, make sure that it's an unlocked cell
on that protected sheet.

If you used data|validation, make sure that the cell is unlocked in this case,
too.

--

Dave Peterson

Chris Lavender

If excel sheet protected, combo boxes won't work

Hi Kiwimark

You need to change the format of the linked cell to Unlocked before you
protect the sheet (Format cells... Protection and uncheck the Locked box)

Best rgds
Chris Lav