-   -   Excel "Offsetting" Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211099-excel-offsetting-rows.html)

JohnRid64

Excel "Offsetting" Rows

I have a formula that reveals a value for the cell B2 which comes under an id
number 1. If, for example, if that value were 6, I need to add 6 rows to be
included under the id number 1. Is there a formula which can do this, as it
would save a lot of manual filling in of data? I have tried to come up with a
solution using OFFSET, but to no avail.
Thanks in Advance.

galimi

Excel "Offsetting" Rows

If you need to add 6 rows (insertion), you will need code.
If you are simply designating an area where the rows of data should be
placed, Offset would likely be used.
--
http://HelpExcel.com