-   -   can a linked spreadsheets sort automatically when data is added (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210883-can-linked-spreadsheets-sort-automatically-when-data-added.html)

johnski13

can a linked spreadsheets sort automatically when data is added

I have a linked spreadsheet that I would like to sort automatically. It is
linked to main a spreadsheet that contains the data. Basically, I want the
spreadsheet to have the rows sorted after data has been entered into the main
spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is linked using vlookup.

The linked spreadsheet is a snapshot of the main one and I currently
manually sort it after data is entered in the main. Basically, the linked
spreadsheet shows a ranking (highest to lowest) of total equalizations hours.
Since I update the main spreadsheet throughout the day, I would like the
linked spreadsheet to sort automatically.

evoxfan

can a linked spreadsheets sort automatically when data is added

What you can do is create a macro that performs this function for you and
assign it to a button on your linked worksheet.

Next time you have to update your data, simply record a macro to perform
this and afterwards create a button on your worksheet named sort data and
assign the macro.

"johnski13" wrote:

I have a linked spreadsheet that I would like to sort automatically. It is
linked to main a spreadsheet that contains the data. Basically, I want the
spreadsheet to have the rows sorted after data has been entered into the main
spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is linked using vlookup.

The linked spreadsheet is a snapshot of the main one and I currently
manually sort it after data is entered in the main. Basically, the linked
spreadsheet shows a ranking (highest to lowest) of total equalizations hours.
Since I update the main spreadsheet throughout the day, I would like the
linked spreadsheet to sort automatically.

johnski13

can a linked spreadsheets sort automatically when data is adde

Thanks for the tip on creating the macro. That could definately make things
easier. I was hoping to have the linked spreadsheet re-sort without having
to go to it. I will play around with the idea of creating a macro. I think
that may be the best bet at this point. Thanks.