-   -   Current Time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210811-current-time.html)

UB

Current Time

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

Mike

Current Time

If Range("A1").Value < "" Then
Range("A2").Value = Time

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

dlw

Current Time

=IF(A10,NOW(),0)
that will put the current time if a value of 0 is entered
it will be a funny number, if you format the cell Time it will be a time

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Current Time

.... but next time you open the sheet, NOW() will be a different time. Did
the OP want that?
--
David Biddulph

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell
A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

UB

Current Time

Hi
Please advise, if the time will be saved.
Because NOW(), gives thecurrent time.
Example, If I had entered data in cell A1 yeterday and today when I go in
the sheet. Will I see the time in cell a2 that of yesterday or the current
time.

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

UB

Current Time

I dont want a different time , when I tab to another cell or reopen the sheet.
Is there any way I can store the value of now() in any cell.

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in cell
A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Current Time

Control semi-colon, space, Control-shift-colon
--
David Biddulph

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in
cell
A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

UB

Current Time

Thanks a lot, It works
Please advise if I can use to automaticaly enter time in my sheet.
Example, if user has entered a value in cell a1, the current time should
stamp autmatically in cell a2 and the time value should be saved.

Thanks

"ub" wrote:

Hi

What I want to do is that if I enter a value in a cell (Ex A1), in
cell
A2,
I want the current system time to automatically stamp and save it.
Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Current Time

That would need VBA. You'll see suggestions in the archives of this
newsgroup.
--
David Biddulph