-   -   Summation fuction not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210748-summation-fuction-not-working.html)

tunnel engineer

Summation fuction not working

when I have 2 populated columns I atempt to drag a summation function in a
third column but all numbers in the 3rd column are 0 untill I click on an
idividual cell and hit enter. Once I click on the individual cell and hit
enter then the summation function works. Do I have a setting off or somethin?

Sean Timmons

Summation fuction not working

Sounds like maybe you're in Manual Calculation.

go to Tools - Options - Calculation and ensure it is set to automatic.