-   -   Input Time in AM/PM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210731-input-time-am-pm.html)

UB

Input Time in AM/PM

Hi
:
: I want the user to input time in one of the cells in 12 hrs format.
: Example, user should only be able to enter 11:00 am or 11:00 pm.
: Is there any way to do this.
:
: Thanks

Jim Thomlinson

Input Time in AM/PM

Your question does not make sense? Are you saying that you want to restrict
the input to even hourly increments or does it have to do with entering the
AM/PM or ???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ub" wrote:

Hi
:
: I want the user to input time in one of the cells in 12 hrs format.
: Example, user should only be able to enter 11:00 am or 11:00 pm.
: Is there any way to do this.
:
: Thanks

Gary''s Student

Input Time in AM/PM

I hope this is not a trick question!

Just type 11:00 pm

must include the single space prior to the pm (or am)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"ub" wrote:

Hi
:
: I want the user to input time in one of the cells in 12 hrs format.
: Example, user should only be able to enter 11:00 am or 11:00 pm.
: Is there any way to do this.
:
: Thanks

Satti Charvak[_2_]

Input Time in AM/PM

Hi Ub,

I guess you wanted to ask the question a user should be able to enter time
in 12 hour format with am/pm and not in 24hr format..Isn't it.

If this was what you wanted, then please note that if you format the cell in
12 hour am/pm format, then even if the user enters a 24hr date format it
would be automatically converted to a 12 hour format. You don't have worry
about that.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak