-   -   Hyperlinks in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210460-hyperlinks-excel.html)

Oliversen

Hyperlinks in Excel

I am putting hyperlinks in an Excel Workbook. When I click the hyperlink I
get a warning message telling me that "hyperlinks can be harmful to your
computer data..." I click the "Yes" button to continue and then another
message pops up telling me "Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be
harmful to your computer..." I click OK and the music file plays.

How in the world can I stop these warning messages from poping up?

Thanks

Oliversen

Sheeloo[_3_]

Hyperlinks in Excel

Which version of Excel do you use?
I have 2007 with default settings and I do not get any warning.

You can, however, change your security settings unde Tool|Option|Security
but be careful.

Also if you are using a browser to open web links then security warnings may
be coming from the browser and not Excel... Since you mentioned music it
might be coming from your music player