-   -   Problem with Excel closing and restarting for no reason (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210417-problem-excel-closing-restarting-no-reason.html)

iamanangel

Problem with Excel closing and restarting for no reason

I am running Office Suite 2007 Home & Student. In Excel yesterday every time
I tried to change the background colour of a cell as soon as I chose the
colour and clicked OK, the program 'developed a problem' crashed out and
restarted. I was having to save after every amendment so that I didn't lose
data on recovery. This crashing out has happened intermittently before but
not always on colour fill. Has anyone got any advice as to how I can
overcome this? I do download updates daily so I know the product is up to
date.

Vijay Chary

Problem with Excel closing and restarting for no reason

Hi Angel ! :)
I think you should uninstall & reinstall Office Suite

Vijay

"iamanangel" wrote:

I am running Office Suite 2007 Home & Student. In Excel yesterday every time
I tried to change the background colour of a cell as soon as I chose the
colour and clicked OK, the program 'developed a problem' crashed out and
restarted. I was having to save after every amendment so that I didn't lose
data on recovery. This crashing out has happened intermittently before but
not always on colour fill. Has anyone got any advice as to how I can
overcome this? I do download updates daily so I know the product is up to
date.

zlatan24

Possible your software was corrupted if so advise use-excel recovery,as how as i know tool is freeware,application may try to open the necessary *.xls, *,xlt, *.xlsx, xlsm, *.xltm, *.xltx, *.xlam file and see an error message on the screen instead of it: Microsoft Excel unable to read file, This file is not in a recognizable format, etc,recover after attack viruses, problems with media (a hard drive failure, a corrupted CD or DVD, etc.), errors in transferring the file via the LAN or the Internet, etc,extract information from corrupted Microsoft Excel files,can filter files of the *.xls, *,xlt, *.xlsx, xlsm, *.xltm, *.xltx, *.xlam formats,will display a dialog box with the question whether this worksheet should actually be scanned,allows you to view the entire information in a convenient form and to make sure that the tool reproduced it correctly,exporting information recovered from the corrupted worksheet into Microsoft Excel.