-   -   Selecting and copying from a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210307-selecting-copying-list.html)

shennigan

Selecting and copying from a list

How does one efficiently choose from one list and create another in Excell.

Example ( Choosing every 4th set of data pairs)
when like this in a spreadsheet
96 121

96.5 110

97 109

to look like this
96 121
96.5 110
97 109

--
STEVE
MS EMGMT

Mike H

Selecting and copying from a list

Hi,

I'm not clear whether these data pairs are in the same cell so we'll start
with this

=INDEX($A$1:$A$1000,ROWS($A$1:$A1)*4)

The above formula extracts the data from row 4 of column A drag down 1 row
for row 8 etc.

Mike

"shennigan" wrote:

How does one efficiently choose from one list and create another in Excell.

Example ( Choosing every 4th set of data pairs)
when like this in a spreadsheet
96 121

96.5 110

97 109

to look like this
96 121
96.5 110
97 109

--
STEVE
MS EMGMT

Don Guillett

Selecting and copying from a list

something like
Sub copyevery4th()
For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Step 4
dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Cells(i, "a").Copy Cells(dlr, "b")
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel