-   -   Create/Edit Hyperlink - Unable to designate target frame (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210287-create-edit-hyperlink-unable-designate-target-frame.html)

dch3

Create/Edit Hyperlink - Unable to designate target frame

When I create/edit a Hyperlink in Work, there is a command button available
in the dialog box in which you can designate the 'TARGET FRAME'. The button
is NOT available when I try to create/edit a Hyperlink in Excel.

Ideas?

Gary''s Student

Create/Edit Hyperlink - Unable to designate target frame

This is because Frames can me manipulated in the Word Object Model.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"dch3" wrote:

When I create/edit a Hyperlink in Work, there is a command button available
in the dialog box in which you can designate the 'TARGET FRAME'. The button
is NOT available when I try to create/edit a Hyperlink in Excel.

Ideas?

dch3

Create/Edit Hyperlink - Unable to designate target frame

::SCREAMS IN BLOODY MURDER::

Microsoft is so %#!@# narrow-minded. They obviously never considered that an
Excel spreadsheet containing links would be saved as a web page and then used
as the source document in an iframe where the target frame for the hyperlink
would need to be set so that the link opens in a new window as opposed to the
iframe. For an organization that's so big on cross-application integration, I
am (bows head, shakes it slowly, looks up, sighs) disappointed.