-   -   What is "--" used for in forumlae (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210158-what-used-forumlae.html)

The Cherub

What is "--" used for in forumlae

I have seen the "--" symbols used in formulae quite a lot on here, but have
no idea what they do. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Mike H

What is "--" used for in forumlae

Hi,

It's used to coerce True/False 1 & 0

An excellent explanation here

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

Mike

"The Cherub" wrote:

I have seen the "--" symbols used in formulae quite a lot on here, but have
no idea what they do. Can anyone shed any light on this?

The Cherub

What is "--" used for in forumlae

Thanks Mike. Trying to google for "--" really wasn't working (not
surprisingly!)