-   -   Searching Excel Properties / Data in Windows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210132-searching-excel-properties-data-windows.html)

The Question guy

Searching Excel Properties / Data in Windows

Is there anyway to search my entire hard drive for excel files containing
certain properties or data?

Obviously, Windows explorer search is the easy solution, but there's a
catch. I need to be able to search all files and export the results into an
excel file, or .txt or something editable.

At the moment, I'm using DOS to export a list of all files, but I'd like to
be able to capture more data for my export.

Example:

dir *.xls /s example.txt