-   -   opening newer version of excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/210085-opening-newer-version-excel.html)

serg c

opening newer version of excel

i run windows XP excel program. i've been sent an excel spreadsheet from a
windows 2007 version of excel. I cannot open it. any suggestions??
--
thanks for your time and effort

David Biddulph[_2_]

opening newer version of excel

You need the compatibility pack:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
--
David Biddulph

"serg c" wrote in message
i run windows XP excel program. i've been sent an excel spreadsheet from a
windows 2007 version of excel. I cannot open it. any suggestions??
--
thanks for your time and effort

Luke M

opening newer version of excel

I believe there Microsoft has released a patch that will let older versions
of Excel open the newer versions. On my computer, when I did it the first
time my computer automatically found the patch on the internet.

I'm afraid I don't have a link for you, but hopefully it gives you some hope.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M