-   -   Printing Sheet's Name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209640-printing-sheets-name.html)

Gingit

Printing Sheet's Name

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Sheeloo[_3_]

Printing Sheet's Name

1. Insert a new sheet and name it SheetList
2. Press ALT-F11 to open VB Editor
3. Click Insert|Module
4. Paste the code below
Sub sheetList()
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each ws In Worksheets
Sheets("SheetList").Cells(i, 1).Value = ws.Name
i = i + 1
Next
End Sub
5. Press F5
You will get the list in the new sheet... (including SheetList)
Press the

"Gingit" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Gingit

Printing Sheet's Name

Sheeloo,

After I press F5 it gave me a run time error subscript out of range.

Thanks.

"Gingit" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Sheeloo[_3_]

Printing Sheet's Name

How many sheets do you have?
Change
Dim i As Integer
Dim i As Long

and try

"Gingit" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Satti Charvak[_2_]

Printing Sheet's Name

Use this formula to show the sheet name.

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99)

advantage: no macro is required here
disdvantage: will not show the name properly till the file is saved.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Gingit" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Frederik[_3_]

Printing Sheet's Name

Other solution: install the ASAP UTILITIES!!!
Have a Google on internet en download free!

Have fun!

--
met vriendelijke groetjes

"Gingit" schreef in bericht
I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Satti Charvak[_2_]

Printing Sheet's Name

For the macro,
Sheeloo's answer was good

I've just removed the sheet name and it should work properly now.,

Sub sheetList()

Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each ws In Worksheets
Cells(i, 1).Value = ws.Name
i = i + 1
Next

endsub

Now. press f5 to execute the macro
--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Gingit" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and wanted to know
Is there anyway to print only the sheet names
Thanks.

Gingit

Printing Sheet's Name

Thank you all it worked great!!!