-   -   Converting Excel 2002 to MS Works (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209544-converting-excel-2002-ms-works.html)

T. Jenkins

Converting Excel 2002 to MS Works

I'm using Excel 2002, and have a file I want to be able to read on a machine
that only has MS Works (not sure of the version). What's the best way of
doing this? Unfortunately, I don't seem to have MS works on my computer, so
I can't easily test different versions. However, the other computer is
available via email, so it won't be a big issue to test the converted file.

Thanks,
Todd

Bernard Liengme

Converting Excel 2002 to MS Works

1) Read this to see how Works can open Excel file
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...ktogether.mspx

2) Do you know that there is a free Excel Viewer?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273711
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Jenkins" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2002, and have a file I want to be able to read on a
machine
that only has MS Works (not sure of the version). What's the best way of
doing this? Unfortunately, I don't seem to have MS works on my computer,
so
I can't easily test different versions. However, the other computer is
available via email, so it won't be a big issue to test the converted
file.

Thanks,
Todd

ShaneDevenshire

Converting Excel 2002 to MS Works

Hi,

It's not unfortunate you don't have MS Works, it's unfortunate the other
user doesn't have Excel!

Of course you could look in the MS Works newsgroup. Oh, there doesn't seem
to be one? Wonder what that's telling us? Please disregard the sarcasm,
can't seem to help myself...
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"T. Jenkins" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002, and have a file I want to be able to read on a machine
that only has MS Works (not sure of the version). What's the best way of
doing this? Unfortunately, I don't seem to have MS works on my computer, so
I can't easily test different versions. However, the other computer is
available via email, so it won't be a big issue to test the converted file.

Thanks,
Todd

ShaneDevenshire

Converting Excel 2002 to MS Works

Hi,

Apparently I'm going to have to bit my tongue, there is a Work newsgroup

--
Oops,
Shane Devenshire

"T. Jenkins" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002, and have a file I want to be able to read on a machine
that only has MS Works (not sure of the version). What's the best way of
doing this? Unfortunately, I don't seem to have MS works on my computer, so
I can't easily test different versions. However, the other computer is
available via email, so it won't be a big issue to test the converted file.

Thanks,
Todd

David Biddulph[_2_]

--