-   -   how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mouse) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209496-how-do-i-open-hyperlink-keyboard-only-not-using-mouse.html)

NGRQ

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mouse)

I would like to know how can I open a hyperlink in a cell in Excel without
using the mouse, only the keyboard... This is faster than moving the mouse
and clicking the cell for some big reports I work on mostly just by moving
with other keyboard shortcuts... Help please!

Sheeloo[_3_]

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mouse)

Navigate to the cell
Press the 'RIGHT-CLICK' key
Press O

"NGRQ" wrote:

I would like to know how can I open a hyperlink in a cell in Excel without
using the mouse, only the keyboard... This is faster than moving the mouse
and clicking the cell for some big reports I work on mostly just by moving
with other keyboard shortcuts... Help please!

Gord Dibben

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mouse)

Sheelo

Where is the right-click key?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:49:01 -0800, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" &
CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote:

Navigate to the cell
Press the 'RIGHT-CLICK' key
Press O

"NGRQ" wrote:

I would like to know how can I open a hyperlink in a cell in Excel without
using the mouse, only the keyboard... This is faster than moving the mouse
and clicking the cell for some big reports I work on mostly just by moving
with other keyboard shortcuts... Help please!

Sheeloo[_3_]

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mo

I should have said the 'Application Key'...

.... The "Application" key, available on most keyboards, calls up "context"
menu; equivalent to right-clicking on an object.

For details and an image see http://www.nonlinear4.com/winkeys.htm.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sheelo

Where is the right-click key?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:49:01 -0800, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" &
CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote:

Navigate to the cell
Press the 'RIGHT-CLICK' key
Press O

"NGRQ" wrote:

I would like to know how can I open a hyperlink in a cell in Excel without
using the mouse, only the keyboard... This is faster than moving the mouse
and clicking the cell for some big reports I work on mostly just by moving
with other keyboard shortcuts... Help please!

Gord Dibben

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mo

Cool!

Never have used that feature but it works as advertised in your post to NGRQ

'nother trick learned

Thanks, Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sheelo

Where is the right-click key?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:49:01 -0800, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" &
CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote:

Navigate to the cell
Press the 'RIGHT-CLICK' key
Press O

"NGRQ" wrote:

I would like to know how can I open a hyperlink in a cell in Excel without
using the mouse, only the keyboard... This is faster than moving the mouse
and clicking the cell for some big reports I work on mostly just by moving
with other keyboard shortcuts... Help please!

Sheeloo[_3_]

how do I open a hyperlink with the keyboard only (not using mo

Thanks for your feedback.

I feel very very happy if I learn something new related to the tools I have
been using for years...

Regards,
Sheeloo

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sheelo

Where is the right-click key?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:49:01 -0800, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" &
CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote:

Navigate to the cell
Press the 'RIGHT-CLICK' key
Press O