-   -   "(Blank)" return when importing from Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209315-blank-return-when-importing-access.html)

Cam

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

Hello,

How do I specify in Excel or Access so when performaning pivot table in
Excel it does not return a "(Blank)" field but instead treat it as 0? Thanks

Kevin B

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

In Excel right click on a cell in your pivot table and select TABLE OPTIONS.
Locate the FOR EMPTY CELLS, SHOW field in the FORMAT OPTIONS panel and enter
a 0 (zero). Click OK to to exit and return to the worksheet.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

How do I specify in Excel or Access so when performaning pivot table in
Excel it does not return a "(Blank)" field but instead treat it as 0? Thanks

Cam

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

Kevin,

Thanks for responding, I did what you suggested, but it still shows (blank)
as the result.

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

How do I specify in Excel or Access so when performaning pivot table in
Excel it does not return a "(Blank)" field but instead treat it as 0? Thanks

Bob Phillips[_3_]

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

If it is a blank in one of the data panes, row or column, then just select
blank from the dropdown and unhide it.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

How do I specify in Excel or Access so when performaning pivot table in
Excel it does not return a "(Blank)" field but instead treat it as 0?
Thanks

Cam

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

Bob,

I cannot hide them, I need it to return or treat it as 0 instead of (blank).

"Cam" wrote:

Hello,

How do I specify in Excel or Access so when performaning pivot table in
Excel it does not return a "(Blank)" field but instead treat it as 0?
Thanks

Bob Phillips[_3_]

"(Blank)" return when importing from Access

Then Kevin's solution is the way to go.

--
HTH

Bob