-   -   how do i add percentage to a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209270-how-do-i-add-percentage-spreadsheet.html)

JCS

how do i add percentage to a spreadsheet

Hi

I am trying to add VAT to a column in my spreadsheet but it doesn't seem to
like the funcion i type in, can anyone help.

Bernard Liengme

how do i add percentage to a spreadsheet

If the pre-VAT price is in A1, then the VAT is computed with =A1*17%
(change 17% to your value)
To compute the with-VAT price use =A1*(1+17%)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JCS" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to add VAT to a column in my spreadsheet but it doesn't seem
like the funcion i type in, can anyone help.

David Biddulph[_2_]

how do i add percentage to a spreadsheet

Tell us what formula you are trying to use, and what error message you are
getting, then we can help.
--
David Biddulph