-   -   Pivot tables & Vlookups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209204-pivot-tables-vlookups.html)

John Pivot Table

Pivot tables & Vlookups

I´m trying to link a vlookup to a Pivot table, the problem is that every time
I change a parameter in the report filter, the number of columns in the table
changes; which messes up my formulas.

Is there a way to lock it?

microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functio[_2_]

Pivot tables & Vlookups

Hi John. Please describe the purpose of the vlookup and why are you changing
the laid-out of the Pivot Table. There are ways to manage this, depending on
what you are persuing. Let me know, I can focus in what you really want.

Argy

"John Pivot Table" wrote:

I´m trying to link a vlookup to a Pivot table, the problem is that every time
I change a parameter in the report filter, the number of columns in the table
changes; which messes up my formulas.

Is there a way to lock it?

smartin

Pivot tables & Vlookups

John Pivot Table wrote:
I´m trying to link a vlookup to a Pivot table, the problem is that every time
I change a parameter in the report filter, the number of columns in the table
changes; which messes up my formulas.

Is there a way to lock it?

Hi John, the GETPIVOTDATA function is useful for looking up values in a
pivot table and doesn't care if cells move around.