ExcelBanter

-   -   "Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209059-center-across-selection-rather-than-merge-cells.html)

Elardus November 5th 08 03:30 AM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon through the
toolbars "Customization" process but unfortunately I cannot find "Center
across selection" amonst the "Commands - Fomat"choices.

Which means I have to do my "Cnter cross seletion”always via the menu.... Or
create an icon through a macro…

Can you please add an icon for “Center across selection” in the "Formatting"
toolbar? Better still, don’t even have the “Merge cells” icon there.
Horizontal merging leads to all kind of problems…..

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bob Phillips[_3_] November 5th 08 09:17 AM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

You could easily create a macro to do it and assign it to a toolbar button.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Elardus" wrote in message
I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon through
the
toolbars "Customization" process but unfortunately I cannot find "Center
across selection" amonst the "Commands - Fomat"choices.

Which means I have to do my "Cnter cross seletion"always via the menu....
Or
create an icon through a macro.

Can you please add an icon for "Center across selection" in the
"Formatting"
toolbar? Better still, don't even have the "Merge cells" icon there.
Horizontal merging leads to all kind of problems...

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Guillett November 5th 08 01:55 PM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

Here is the one I use in my personal.xls assigned to a toolbar button right
next to the unmerge button

Sub CENTERACROSS()
With Selection
If .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection Then
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
Else
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
End If
End With
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Elardus" wrote in message
I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon through
the
toolbars "Customization" process but unfortunately I cannot find "Center
across selection" amonst the "Commands - Fomat"choices.

Which means I have to do my "Cnter cross seletion"always via the menu....
Or
create an icon through a macro.

Can you please add an icon for "Center across selection" in the
"Formatting"
toolbar? Better still, don't even have the "Merge cells" icon there.
Horizontal merging leads to all kind of problems...

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bob Phillips[_3_] November 5th 08 02:35 PM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

No, nobody calls me GEEZ <G

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Not meant for you Bob

Gord Dibben November 5th 08 06:08 PM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

I posted the same code to his other thread.

Time to start ignoring these multi-posts center across selection

Gord

John C[_2_] November 5th 08 10:37 PM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

It is Bob's pre-First name, as in GEEZ Bob, what'd you do this time? :)
--
** John C **

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Are you sure??

Bob Phillips[_3_] November 6th 08 09:42 AM

"Center across selection" rather than "Merge cells"

No, that is usually WTF Bob, what'd you do this time? <bg

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"John C" <[email protected] wrote in message
It is Bob's pre-First name, as in GEEZ Bob, what'd you do this time? :)
--
** John C **

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Are you sure??
--

"Elardus" wrote in message
I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which
is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon
through the
toolbars "Customization" process but unfortunately I cannot find
"Center
across selection" amonst the "Commands - Fomat"choices.

Which means I have to do my "Cnter cross seletion"always via the
menu.... Or
create an icon through a macro.

Can you please add an icon for "Center across selection" in the
"Formatting"
toolbar? Better still, don't even have the "Merge cells" icon there.
Horizontal merging leads to all kind of problems...

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow