-   -   Center across selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/209057-center-across-selection.html)

Elardus

Center across selection

I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon through the
toolbars "customization" process. but unfortunately I cannot find "center
across selection" amonst the "commands- format"choices.

Which means I have to do my "center cross selctiion) always via the menu....

How do I add / modify an icon in my "Formatting" toolbar?

Sheeloo[_3_]

Center across selection

One option is to record a macro and then assign it to a new button on a
toolbar...

See for detailed instrucitons...

See
http://www.ehow.com/how_2456_record-excel-macro.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip068.shtml

"Elardus" wrote:

I use "Center across selection" and almost never "Merge cells", which is
generally a bad choice (across columns anyway).

I wish to add an icon or otherwsie modify the "Merge Cells" icon through the
toolbars "customization" process. but unfortunately I cannot find "center
across selection" amonst the "commands- format"choices.

Which means I have to do my "center cross selctiion) always via the menu....

How do I add / modify an icon in my "Formatting" toolbar?

Gord Dibben

Center across selection

Sub TOGGLECENTERACROSS()
With Selection
If .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection Then
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
Else
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
End If
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP