-   -   Data Validation Syntax Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20897-data-validation-syntax-question.html)

Jim & Gail

Data Validation Syntax Question

I'd like to restrict a user (me) from entering more than two digits after
the decimal point in a cell. I have a checkbook spreadsheet and recently
discovered (by accident) that I made a withdrawal entry of 117.122 a couple
of years ago, but I can't figure out how to be sure to keep from doing it
again. Am I missing something simple?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Dave Peterson

One way:
=INT(A1*100)=(A1*100)
multiply by 100 and see if it's a whole number
If A1 is the activecell.

Another way:
=MOD(A1*100,1)=0
multiply by 100 and divide by 1. Check the remainder to see if it's 0.

--

Dave Peterson

Jim & Gail

Thanks a million!