-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208967-conditional-formatting.html)

Jamie

Conditional Formatting

Can I add conditional formatting on one cell (A1) BASED on the criteria from
another cell (B1)?
Here's what I want to do. IF B1 is populated at all, then I would like A1 to
have a specific coditional formatting. Is this possible?

ShaneDevenshire

Conditional Formatting

Hi,

Yes, when you go into Conditional Formatting, choose Formula is from the
first drop down and in the second write a formula, for example

=A1200

while on B1.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Jamie" wrote:

Can I add conditional formatting on one cell (A1) BASED on the criteria from
another cell (B1)?
Here's what I want to do. IF B1 is populated at all, then I would like A1 to
have a specific coditional formatting. Is this possible?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional Formatting

From Excel help on adding a conditional format:
"To use a formula as the formatting criteria (to evaluate data or a
condition other than the values in selected cells), click Formula Is and
then enter the formula that evaluates to a logical value of TRUE or FALSE."
--
David Biddulph