-   -   Format help needed? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208898-format-help-needed.html)

doss04

Format help needed?

First off this is probably written out more than it needs to be, having
trouble trying to shorten the question. Sorry.
I think this is a 2 part question. I have a document thats formated 2 ways.
one is in the view code area. 1 is in the cell. they work great. But i'm
finding a few challenges i need to fix.
Here is what i have in the view code.

If Target.Column = 1 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Date
End If
If Target.Column = 3 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 4 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time

Every time the cells that are formatted are highlighted by me using the
arrow buttons the time shows. I then i need to clear content to remove it.
I've tried the double click macro and both colunms show the same time.
The second part of the question is.

This is what i have in the cells.
=D3-C3 + (D3<C3)

Example of how it looks.
A B C D
E F G
2 DATE ACCT # ARR CLR TOTAL RPT NOTES
3
4 11/1/08 UE 00:23 00:42 00:19 N/A CLR
5 11/1/08 LOJH 01:03 01:10 00:07 N/A
6 00:00

I want to keep this. But i need D6 to be able to subtract from C5 and the
total in E6? The info written isn't always a one liner sometimes several
lines in the notes.
Hope this helped some.