-   -   countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208739-countif.html)

Gary

countif

I want to count the number of times information in a row of cells exceeds the
value in one particular cell. This works =COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=25") when I
specifically want to know how often the value in the row of cells is =25.
But this does not work when I want to test the value in the row using cell
E37 that varies according to the number I want to test for in the row as
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=E37")

muddan madhu

countif

try this,

=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,E37)

in E37 put =25

On Nov 3, 9:47*am, Gary wrote:
I want to count the number of times information in a row of cells exceeds the
value in one particular cell. This works =COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=25") when I
specifically want to know how often the value in the row of cells is =25.
But this does not work when I want to test the value in the row using cell
E37 that varies according to the number I want to test for in the row as
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=E37")

bpeltzer

countif

Take the cell reference out of the quotes so that it gets evaluated.
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=" & E37)

"Gary" wrote:

I want to count the number of times information in a row of cells exceeds the
value in one particular cell. This works =COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=25") when I
specifically want to know how often the value in the row of cells is =25.
But this does not work when I want to test the value in the row using cell
E37 that varies according to the number I want to test for in the row as
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=E37")

ShaneDevenshire

countif

Hi,

Change your formula to

=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"="&E37)

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Gary" wrote:

I want to count the number of times information in a row of cells exceeds the
value in one particular cell. This works =COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=25") when I
specifically want to know how often the value in the row of cells is =25.
But this does not work when I want to test the value in the row using cell
E37 that varies according to the number I want to test for in the row as
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=E37")

Gary

countif

Worked GREAT!

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Change your formula to

=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"="&E37)

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Gary" wrote:

I want to count the number of times information in a row of cells exceeds the
value in one particular cell. This works =COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=25") when I
specifically want to know how often the value in the row of cells is =25.
But this does not work when I want to test the value in the row using cell
E37 that varies according to the number I want to test for in the row as
=COUNTIF(I37:GC37,"=E37")

Gary

countif

Thank you! Works great!