-   -   slow response to change in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208735-slow-response-change-cell.html)

George

slow response to change in cell

Excel is set to manual recalculate. When I change text in a text cell,
response is immediate. When I change a precedent data cell, computer response
takes almost a minute (computer hd lite shows no activity), formula cells are
not changed. When I manually recalculate, the response is immediate. The
delay is terrible. Any ideas what I can do to correct this?
--
A Child in the Wilderness!

Sheeloo[_3_]

slow response to change in cell

Did you try to set calculation to automatic and see whether you get any
problem?

"George" wrote:

Excel is set to manual recalculate. When I change text in a text cell,
response is immediate. When I change a precedent data cell, computer response
takes almost a minute (computer hd lite shows no activity), formula cells are
not changed. When I manually recalculate, the response is immediate. The
delay is terrible. Any ideas what I can do to correct this?
--
A Child in the Wilderness!

George

slow response to change in cell

Yes, my first suspicion was that there were excessive calculations. Now
after changing a data field the long delay occurs. When the delay ends,
dependent cells have not recalculated. Then when maually recalculating, the
response time was very short
--
A Child in the Wilderness!