-   -   Either showing : empty or blank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208717-either-showing-empty-blank.html)

Wonderer

Either showing : empty or blank

My nice working formula is :
=text(A1,"mmmm")
It gives me the name of the month(in B) depending on the date in A
When A is blank then it gives 'January' in B.
WONDERING if the result in B can be either nothing(blank) or the word "empty"
when A is blank or have no values.
If somebody knows both ways, I'll be gratefull to learn it. Thanks

FSt1

Either showing : empty or blank

hi
try
=if(A1="","",Text(A1,"mmmm"))
or
=if(A1="","Empty",Text(A1,"mmmm"))

Regards
FSt1

"Wonderer" wrote:

My nice working formula is :
=text(A1,"mmmm")
It gives me the name of the month(in B) depending on the date in A
When A is blank then it gives 'January' in B.
WONDERING if the result in B can be either nothing(blank) or the word "empty"
when A is blank or have no values.
If somebody knows both ways, I'll be gratefull to learn it. Thanks

ShaneDevenshire

Either showing : empty or blank

Hi,

With your formula

=IF(A1,text(A1,"mmmm"),"")

This assumes A1 is blank if not use

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),text(A1,"mmmm"),"")

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Wonderer" wrote:

My nice working formula is :
=text(A1,"mmmm")
It gives me the name of the month(in B) depending on the date in A
When A is blank then it gives 'January' in B.
WONDERING if the result in B can be either nothing(blank) or the word "empty"
when A is blank or have no values.
If somebody knows both ways, I'll be gratefull to learn it. Thanks

Wonderer

Either showing : empty or blank

Thanks twice. Wonderfull

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
try
=if(A1="","",Text(A1,"mmmm"))
or
=if(A1="","Empty",Text(A1,"mmmm"))

Regards
FSt1

"Wonderer" wrote:

My nice working formula is :
=text(A1,"mmmm")
It gives me the name of the month(in B) depending on the date in A
When A is blank then it gives 'January' in B.
WONDERING if the result in B can be either nothing(blank) or the word "empty"
when A is blank or have no values.
If somebody knows both ways, I'll be gratefull to learn it. Thanks

Wonderer

Either showing : empty or blank

THANK YOU! Wow