-   -   Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208556-need-combine-dates-stored-seperate-columns.html)

mrcosna

Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns

I have data that has the month and day together in one column ex. 125
and in the other is the year 2007

How do I get the date to be 12/5/2007?

John C[_2_]

Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns

How is it supposed to know it is 12/5/2007 instead of 1/25/2007?
--
** John C **

"mrcosna" wrote:

I have data that has the month and day together in one column ex. 125
and in the other is the year 2007

How do I get the date to be 12/5/2007?

mrcosna

Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns

well it is stored as text and the months that are not two digit have a zero
in front

"mrcosna" wrote:

I have data that has the month and day together in one column ex. 125
and in the other is the year 2007

How do I get the date to be 12/5/2007?

John C[_2_]

Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns

Ok. Assume A1 has 125, and B1 has 2007
=DATE(B1,LEFT(A1,2),RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-2))

--
** John C **

"mrcosna" wrote:

I have data that has the month and day together in one column ex. 125
and in the other is the year 2007

How do I get the date to be 12/5/2007?

mrcosna

Need to combine dates stored in seperate columns

Thanks Alot John C