-   -   How to get the total sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208483-how-get-total-sum.html)

TPG

How to get the total sum

I have data on Column A and B, I would like to total up a sum by multiply A1
to B1, A2 to B2, A3 to B3 and so on. But the sum must appear on the last line
of Column B.
(in this example is B5). Thank in advance.
A B
1. 5.00 25
2. 73.40 48
3. 86.70 60
4. 14.90 237
5. ???

Sheeloo[_3_]

How to get the total sum

Enter this in B5
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4)*(B1*B4))

"TPG" wrote:

I have data on Column A and B, I would like to total up a sum by multiply A1
to B1, A2 to B2, A3 to B3 and so on. But the sum must appear on the last line
of Column B.
(in this example is B5). Thank in advance.
A B
1. 5.00 25
2. 73.40 48
3. 86.70 60
4. 14.90 237
5. ???

T. Valko

How to get the total sum

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A4,B1:B4)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sheeloo" <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" & CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote in
message ...
Enter this in B5
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4)*(B1*B4))