-   -   Make Autofit row height work with merged cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20815-make-autofit-row-height-work-merged-cells.html)

Franketh

Make Autofit row height work with merged cells

When a group of cells in a row are merged and the text wraps to two or more
lines, double-clicking the row border just to the left of column A (or
Format/Row/Autofit) auto-heights the row to one line of text. Either of
these actions should heighten the row to fit the text in the merged cells.

Dave Peterson

Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

--

Dave Peterson

Franketh

Dave,
Thanks for the information. While I like macros, I use them sparingly, and
this issue is a "feature" Microsoft should fix.

To be honest, when creating this post I thought I was making a suggestion
directly to MS. My mistake for not paying closer attention.