-   -   Display data from another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/208132-display-data-another-worksheet.html)

Don

Display data from another worksheet

With Sheet1 active and desiring the output of a formula similar to...
=Sheet2!$D$476...

I want to automate the formula so that the value 476 is not hardcoded but
rather obtained from Column C on Sheet1 for every row.

The data I want to display in Sheet1 Column D will always come from Sheet2
Column D. Which cell to choose from in Sheet2 Column D is determined by the
value of Sheet1 C1, C2, C3, etc.

Here's Row 1 of Sheet1 with the formula displayed in D1 (476 hardcoded)...
A B C
1 452291 476 =Sheet2!$D$476

I think I'm trying to embed formulas but a) I don't know how and b) I don't
know if it's possible.

Can you help?

Max

Display data from another worksheet

INDIRECT makes it possible

In Sheet1,
In D476, copied down:
=INDIRECT("'Sheet2'!D"&C476)
--
Max
Singapore
"Don" wrote:
With Sheet1 active and desiring the output of a formula similar to...
=Sheet2!$D$476...

I want to automate the formula so that the value 476 is not hardcoded but
rather obtained from Column C on Sheet1 for every row.

The data I want to display in Sheet1 Column D will always come from Sheet2
Column D. Which cell to choose from in Sheet2 Column D is determined by the
value of Sheet1 C1, C2, C3, etc.

Here's Row 1 of Sheet1 with the formula displayed in D1 (476 hardcoded)...
A B C
1 452291 476 =Sheet2!$D$476

I think I'm trying to embed formulas but a) I don't know how and b) I don't
know if it's possible.

Can you help?

Dave Peterson

Display data from another worksheet