-   -   comment box pop ups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20798-comment-box-pop-ups.html)

Nathan

comment box pop ups

dear kind people who know excel!

I have a sheet where in column A I have the name of a compnay. In column D
(which is hidden) I have some descriptive info. Is it possible for the info
in column D to come up in a comment box (or any otehr pop up box) when I
hover over a cell in column A? The sheet is being continually sorted so it
needs to be quite robust.

thanks in advance

Rather excel illiterate person!

Dave Peterson

The only thing that I know that shows up when you hover the mouse over the cell
is a comment.

So if you added the text in column D to the comment in column A, then it might
work?

Is that a viable solution?

--

Dave Peterson

Nathan

Yes that should be fine, I have managed to get the macro working for one
single cell, but my sheet has 750 cells that need formating a s a comment box
then having tthe macro telling it to put the text in column D into the
comment box, which I can't seem to figure out!

Nathan wrote:

dear kind people who know excel!

I have a sheet where in column A I have the name of a compnay. In column D
(which is hidden) I have some descriptive info. Is it possible for the info
in column D to come up in a comment box (or any otehr pop up box) when I
hover over a cell in column A? The sheet is being continually sorted so it
needs to be quite robust.

thanks in advance

Rather excel illiterate person!

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I'm not sure how often the values in column D change, but if they're static, you
can run a macro like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myCell As Range
With Worksheets("sheet1")
For Each myCell In .Range("a1:a" _
& .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row)
'delete existing comment
If myCell.Comment Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
myCell.Comment.Delete
End If
'.offset(0,3) is 3 columns to the right
With myCell.Offset(0, 3)
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
'do nothing
Else
myCell.AddComment Text:=.Text
End If
End With
Next myCell
End With

End Sub

Maybe run it on demand right after you finish changing the description???

Nathan wrote:

dear kind people who know excel!

I have a sheet where in column A I have the name of a compnay. In column D
(which is hidden) I have some descriptive info. Is it possible for the info
in column D to come up in a comment box (or any otehr pop up box) when I
hover over a cell in column A? The sheet is being continually sorted so it
needs to be quite robust.

thanks in advance

Rather excel illiterate person!

--