-   -   Automatically Copy formatting (I.E. shading) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207926-automatically-copy-formatting-i-e-shading.html)

DPeske

Automatically Copy formatting (I.E. shading)

I have a Workbook consisting of 3 worksheets. The first worksheet is use to
control the data presented on the remaining sheet. In order to highlight the
revision of data, users currently shade the cells with revisions. I would
like to have the cells that contain the shading to automatically apply
shading to their corresponding sheets. Is this possible through a formula or
do I have to create a macro (is so please help) in order to accomplish the
task?

Gord Dibben

Automatically Copy formatting (I.E. shading)

I assume sheets 2 and 3 use linking formulas to get their data from sheet1.

These will not pull formats along with data.

Any way you might use Conditional Formatting of values?

If not, either copy/paste formats or use VBA

Give us an idea of which cells on sheets 2 and 3 would be linked back to
which cells on sheet1.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:34:01 -0700, DPeske
wrote:

I have a Workbook consisting of 3 worksheets. The first worksheet is use to
control the data presented on the remaining sheet. In order to highlight the
revision of data, users currently shade the cells with revisions. I would
like to have the cells that contain the shading to automatically apply
shading to their corresponding sheets. Is this possible through a formula or
do I have to create a macro (is so please help) in order to accomplish the
task?

ShaneDevenshire

Automatically Copy formatting (I.E. shading)

Hi,

Conditional Formatting can be done between sheet if you use Range Names.
But conditional formatting can not be based on cell color, only on cell
content. So it looks like a vba solution may be your only option.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire