-   -   Copy Worksheet Tab Name into a cell address (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20791-copy-worksheet-tab-name-into-cell-address.html)

Andy

Copy Worksheet Tab Name into a cell address

I'm creating an Excel Book with several worksheets. As with a lot of the
information on the woorksheets I am trying to automate the data entry to cut
down on user input and/or duplication. I would like to use worksheet name,
enetered on the 'Tab', within one of the worksheet cell adresses. Can anyone
help?

Hi

Try the following formula (note: the workbook has to be saved before it'll
work)

=RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1) )-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1))

Copy and paste the formula as it is - on a single line.

--
Andy.

"Andy" wrote in message
I'm creating an Excel Book with several worksheets. As with a lot of the
information on the woorksheets I am trying to automate the data entry to
cut
down on user input and/or duplication. I would like to use worksheet
name,
enetered on the 'Tab', within one of the worksheet cell adresses. Can
anyone
help?

Andy

Excellent, it works without any problems.