--
Knowldege is Power

Dave Peterson

#1. You can make the rowheight larger, then use Format|Cells|Alignment tab and
make the Vertical alignment top, center, or bottom.

You could add some extra alt-enters to the beginning portion of the value and as
the last character.

#2. Maybe the file doesn't exist anymore--renamed/deleted? Or spelling/typo
error.

Ajit Munj wrote:

1. The content of cells in worksheet shows like a double line spaced
contents. When I try to make heights of that cell lower, the part of the
contents gets disappeared. Can I type the contents in a cell in single line
space, or double line space like in MS Word? How?

2. When I hyperlink a cell with a file in C:\My documents\Arrears.xls, and
click the cell, the error flashes "Can not open a specified file". But other
files in c:\My docuements can open by hyperlinking. What may be the problem
with that particular file Arrears.xls?
--
Knowldege is Power

--

Dave Peterson

David McRitchie

Part 2 looks like you may have spelling errors as well as not
enclosing a filename with spaces in double quotes.
=HYPERLINK("[c:\temp folder\xyz abc.xls]'Sheet One'!$C$5","Sheet One")

additional examples in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm
---
HTH,

"Ajit Munj" wrote in message ...
1. The content of cells in worksheet shows like a double line spaced
contents. When I try to make heights of that cell lower, the part of the
contents gets disappeared. Can I type the contents in a cell in single line
space, or double line space like in MS Word? How?

2. When I hyperlink a cell with a file in C:\My documents\Arrears.xls, and
click the cell, the error flashes "Can not open a specified file". But other
files in c:\My docuements can open by hyperlinking. What may be the problem
with that particular file Arrears.xls?
--
Knowldege is Power

Ajit Munj

No, I have hyperlinked the cell by left clicking
-Hyperlink-select file by "file", so there is no
question of misspell or double quotes. With the
same procedure, other files in that directory,
open smoothly. Pl. guide.