-   -   How do I stop duplicate entries in excel database eg. company nam (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207653-how-do-i-stop-duplicate-entries-excel-database-eg-company-nam.html)

JillyB

How do I stop duplicate entries in excel database eg. company nam

When creating a simple databse of company records from which to do mail shots
is there a feature that will stop the entry of duplicate company name for
example please.

Thanks

Bob I

How do I stop duplicate entries in excel database eg. companynam

Access databases support this.

JillyB wrote:

When creating a simple databse of company records from which to do mail shots
is there a feature that will stop the entry of duplicate company name for
example please.

Thanks

ShaneDevenshire

How do I stop duplicate entries in excel database eg. company nam

Hi,

Excel supports this also. Suppose your data is in A1:A10 then select the
range and choose Data, Validation, Custom
enter the following in the Formula box
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,A1)<2

If this helps, please click Yes.
--