-   -   Slow sumproduct Dbase (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207649-slow-sumproduct-dbase.html)

wx4usa

Slow sumproduct Dbase

Hello all,

I have a Dbase in excel 2007. there are 30,000 rows and 15 columns of
numeric data. I am running several (6) reports from the Dbase in the
same workbook. My calc is set to manual.

It is getting slow. QUESTION: Would it speed up if my reports are
each in (6) different workbooks thus updating only 1 report a ta time
or will Excel update the links in the closed workbooks too?

Sheeloo[_3_]

Slow sumproduct Dbase

Excel does not update links in closed workbooks. It is done when the workbook
is opened next time.

"wx4usa" wrote:

Hello all,

I have a Dbase in excel 2007. there are 30,000 rows and 15 columns of
numeric data. I am running several (6) reports from the Dbase in the
same workbook. My calc is set to manual.

It is getting slow. QUESTION: Would it speed up if my reports are
each in (6) different workbooks thus updating only 1 report a ta time
or will Excel update the links in the closed workbooks too?

wx4usa

Slow sumproduct Dbase

"wx4usa" wrote:
Hello all,

I have a Dbase in excel 2007. there are 30,000 rows and 15 columns of
numeric data. I am running several (6) reports from the Dbase in the
same workbook. My calc is set to manual.

It is getting slow. *QUESTION: Would it speed up if my reports are
each in (6) different workbooks thus updating only 1 report a ta time
or will Excel update the links in the closed workbooks too?

Thank you so much! I didnt want to move all the reports only to find
it did not help!

Thanks Sheeloo