-   -   In MS Excel, how do I change the column ref headers from numbers . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20753-ms-excel-how-do-i-change-column-ref-headers-numbers.html)

Bruce Lindfield

In MS Excel, how do I change the column ref headers from numbers .

I'm using Excel 2000 v9.0 and the column reference headers have changed to
Numbers (don't know how this happened) - so when I look at a cell reference,
it is now quite confusing as both rows and columns are numbers.

How do I change it back so that column references are letters, as it was
before?

Harald Staff

Hi

Tools Options, uncheck R1C1 reference style.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Bruce Lindfield" <Bruce skrev i
melding ...
I'm using Excel 2000 v9.0 and the column reference headers have changed to
Numbers (don't know how this happened) - so when I look at a cell

reference,
it is now quite confusing as both rows and columns are numbers.

How do I change it back so that column references are letters, as it was
before?

Gill

In MS Excel, how do I change the column ref headers from numbe

three years later and your post is still helping people! Thanks!