-   -   Locing part of worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207451-locing-part-worksheet.html)

MANU

Locing part of worksheet

Hi,
Can I lock a part of a worksheet so that it cannot be edited.

Max

Locing part of worksheet

Can I lock a part of a worksheet so that it cannot be edited.

The sequence is a bit counter-intuitive:
Unlock All, then Lock the specific cols/range, then Protect Sheet, eg:

Select entire sheet
Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck Locked OK

Then select the cols to be locked, say select cols A to C
Format Cells Protection tab
Check Locked OK

Then apply sheet protection via Tools Protection Protect Sheet
--
Max
Singapore