-   -   Flagging all records present in two (or more) separate lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207447-flagging-all-records-present-two-more-separate-lists.html)

Maki

Flagging all records present in two (or more) separate lists

How can I get Excel 2007 to flag (using conditional formatting?) records that
are present in two or more separate lists?

I thought this was straightforward enough but couldn't find the instruction
in the forum nor in the help file.

Perhaps my search key isn't good enough...

--
Maki @ Canberra.AU

ShaneDevenshire

Flagging all records present in two (or more) separate lists

Hi,

Highlight the first cell you want to conditionally format, choose Home,
Conditional Formatting, Manage Rule, New Rule, Use a formula...
Enter the formula
=COUNTIF($F$10:$F$17,C9)0
where C9 in the first cell you want formatted, the range F10:F17 is the
range you want to check for duplicated.
Format as needed.
Use the format painter to copy and paste the format from this cell to all
the cells in this column.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Maki" wrote:

How can I get Excel 2007 to flag (using conditional formatting?) records that
are present in two or more separate lists?

I thought this was straightforward enough but couldn't find the instruction
in the forum nor in the help file.

Perhaps my search key isn't good enough...

--
Maki @ Canberra.AU

Maki

Flagging all records present in two (or more) separate lists

Yes, it helped! Thank you, Shane!
--
Maki @ Canberra.AU