-   -   VLookup Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207399-vlookup-help.html)

KCi

VLookup Help

Hi All, I have a key value (aaa, bbb below) that I want to bring back an
array of values. Using VLookup I can get the first value, but I now want to
use the value it returns to find the next value and so on...
I have a table with a key value (aaa for example);
Col-A Col-B
aaa aaa fred
aaa aaa tom
aaa aaa rachel
aaa ...
bbb
bbb
I want the formula that will return something like this...
aaa (hard coded typed in value)
aaa fred (position 1 based on above value)
aaa tom (position 2 based on aaa fred, grabbing 1 row below)
aaa rachel
etc.

I'm not even really sure how to tackle this, so any suggestions would be
much appreciated.