-   -   Date format error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207284-date-format-error.html)

Mahesh

Date format error

when I load data to spreadsheet through add-in to the spreadsheet having
dates in the european format - dd/mm/yyyy and number format as *dd/mm/yyyy it
is displyed wrongly (i.e. my source date is 08/10/2008 as general/text and
the data displyed in Excel sheet cell having date format as mentioned above
is 10/08/2008)

All this works fine if I set the Datatype for column as text which I do not
want to do .

David Biddulph[_2_]

Date format error

If you don't want to set it as text, which is the safest way of avoiding
mistranslation on import (and which allows you to use Text to columns
subsequently), have you thought of checking whether your Windows Regional
Settings (in control panel) match the format of your data?
--
David Biddulph