-   -   Paste Formulae (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/20727-paste-formulae.html)

Andrew

Paste Formulae

Hi,

Why isn't there an icon for pasting formulae only, there is for values and
formats? I've written a macro to do it but this is not ideal because you
need the workbook with the code open.
--
Andrew

David McRitchie

Hi Andrew,
You could make a macro and assign a toolbar button of your own design.

Another possibility is to use a context menu (right click menu)
with additional items named "Copy Formula". and "Paste Formula"
Chip Pearson posted the method but there were some tune-ups to it
in that thread.
..
You can pick that up and a few other similar things related to invoking
some of my macros through the context menu..
Right Click Menus (Context Menus) in Excel
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm

--
HTH,