-   -   Exporting into a Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207262-exporting-into-worksheet.html)

Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC

Exporting into a Worksheet

Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Bob I

Exporting into a Worksheet

One workbook into one worksheet?

Paul wrote:

Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Pete_UK

Exporting into a Worksheet

You can open both workbooks at the same time, and arrange that the file
windows overlap. Then CTRL-drag the tab of the sheet that you want to copy
into the window of the other file. Then you can save that file and it will
have a copy of the sheet in there.

If you effectively want to MOVE the sheet rather than COPY it, then just
drag the sheet tab rather than CTRL-drag.

Hope this helps.

Pete

oft.com wrote in message
Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC

Exporting into a Worksheet

Yes. Example: I have a workbook, test.xls, that contains one worksheet:
sheet 1. I want to save it into another workbook (analysis.xls) that has 10
worksheets,
and I want to save it into one of these worksheets: line analysis.

Paul wrote:

Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Paul Peterson - Velox Consulting, LLC

Exporting into a Worksheet

Thanks - I'm trying to open the first workbook and do a save into the other
but it looks like I'll have to use your method.

oft.com wrote in message
Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Pete_UK

Exporting into a Worksheet

Well, it's a very quick method, and if you drag the (single) sheet
into the other workbook then the first workbook's window will
automatically close.

Pete

oft.com wrote in message
Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC- Hide quoted text -

David Biddulph[_2_]

Exporting into a Worksheet

"Move or Copy Sheet" from the Edit menu, or by right-clicking on the sheet
tab.
--
David Biddulph

Paul wrote:

Is there a way to save an excel workbook into a worksheet in a
different
excel workbook?

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC

Bob I

Exporting into a Worksheet

Then you actually mean A workSHEET into a WorkBOOK! Simple Open both
workbooks, r-click on the worksheet tab you want to copy out, select
Copy or move, and pick the other Workbook and tick the box for make a copy.