-   -   Digits to the right of decimal point (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207256-digits-right-decimal-point.html)

Tigerxxx

Digits to the right of decimal point

Hello,

What forumla should I use to get the digits to the right side of the decimal?
i.e. if the number is 94.203, then I want to get the "203".

Thank you

Kevin B

Digits to the right of decimal point

You can use the following MOD function to return the remainder after dividing
the value by 1. The example assumes that the value to be divided is in cell
A1, change formula based upon your layout:

=MOD(A1,1)
--
Kevin Backmann

"Tigerxxx" wrote:

Hello,

What forumla should I use to get the digits to the right side of the decimal?
i.e. if the number is 94.203, then I want to get the "203".

Thank you

Tigerxxx

Digits to the right of decimal point

Thank you Kevin!

"Tigerxxx" wrote:

Hello,

What forumla should I use to get the digits to the right side of the decimal?
i.e. if the number is 94.203, then I want to get the "203".

Thank you

Kevin B

Digits to the right of decimal point

On the other hand, if you always have 3 digits to the right of the decimal
you could use =RIGHT(A1,3).

If there aren't fixed decimals, the following would work:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-(FIND(".",A1,1)))
--
Kevin Backmann