-   -   Paste data to a filtered column, pasting to visible cells only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207251-paste-data-filtered-column-pasting-visible-cells-only.html)

Shinka

Paste data to a filtered column, pasting to visible cells only

I have a spreadsheet of several regions, with the same measurements in each
Region. A number of people send me the specific measurements they are
responsible for in the same Region order. I'd like to filter on the
measurement, and then copy and paste. When I do so, it copies to the hidden
cells. Any way I can get it to copy to just the visible cells?

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Paste data to a filtered column, pasting to visible cells only

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Shinka" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet of several regions, with the same measurements in each
Region. A number of people send me the specific measurements they are
responsible for in the same Region order. I'd like to filter on the
measurement, and then copy and paste. When I do so, it copies to the
hidden
cells. Any way I can get it to copy to just the visible cells?

Shinka

Paste data to a filtered column, pasting to visible cells only

Are you sure? This seems like such a useful thing to be able to do..

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Shinka" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet of several regions, with the same measurements in each
Region. A number of people send me the specific measurements they are
responsible for in the same Region order. I'd like to filter on the
measurement, and then copy and paste. When I do so, it copies to the
hidden
cells. Any way I can get it to copy to just the visible cells?

Dave Peterson

Paste data to a filtered column, pasting to visible cells only

I like to sort my data to group all the rows that would be visible. Then I can
just paste to those visible rows.

And then I resort it to its "natural" order.

Shinka wrote:

Are you sure? This seems like such a useful thing to be able to do..

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

--