-   -   Excel 2003 won't let me click on a button when i protect document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/207221-excel-2003-wont-let-me-click-button-when-i-protect-document.html)

Brenda

Excel 2003 won't let me click on a button when i protect document

Please read the below. I did this however, when i do this and then reopen the
document i get an error when i click on any of my buttons, what am i goind
wrong once i take out my password it works fine.
--
"Bob I" wrote:

Click Tools, Protect

lildarlin82 wrote:
Is there anyway to lock the cells so that they can't even type anything? I
just played around with your recommendation and it is what I'm looking for;
however, I could make changes and save a Copy of it, and I don't want them to
be able to do that.

Thanks so much for your help thus far.

"Bob I" wrote:

File,Save As, Tools, General Option, Password to modify.

lildarlin82 wrote:

We have a Shared Drive here in my office (training department for a local
healthcare system.) I have a Room Reservation calendar on the Shared Drive
for everyone to view. When opened, a prompt "Do you want to open as
Read-only" pops up. When I open it, I tell it "No" so that I can make
changes. However, I do not want anyone else in the department to be able to
make changes.

Our Computer Instructor and I tried figuring out now to protect it to where
I am the only one who can make changes, even with it being on the Shared
Drive, but are having trouble. Can anyone help?

Thank you, Brenda

D.

Excel 2003 won't let me click on a button when i protect document

You have not mentioned where the button is from either the forms tool
bar or the controls toolbar, at any rate... make sure the button's
protection check as unlocked, right click on the button and go to
protection, uncheck locked